20 years of professional experience working citywide with Mayors, Council member’s Executive Director’s.
- A community activist
- Served on numerous boards and grass roots committees.
- Served on the DC Democratic State Committee as your Ward 4 Representative.
- Won this seat by 7,143 the highest in the history of the position and was voted in by our Ward 4 voters.
- A passionate community activist, Marlena D. Edwards is committed to social and economic improvement.
- Born and raised in the Shepherd Park neighborhood, where she lives today.
- Marlena Edwards experience as a lifelong resident of Ward 4 have taught her the values of loyalty, community and family.
After achieving her B.S. in Mass Communication from Towson University, Marlena worked in the private sector, providing technical support to business and government highlighted by her work on the Middle East Peace Talks. She received her Master of Social Work degree from Howard University. She has devoted over two decades of service to the residents of the District of Columbia; helping hundreds of families navigate the public social service system.
Marlena has served as a member of numerous boards and committees that promote coalition building for National and District agency professionals and has met regularly with Executive-level Directors and members of the City Council on issues related to community health, social/economic development and legislative policy